More
11 years 1 month ago #595 by Lon Crow
New member was created by Lon Crow
Looks like my wife and I will be new whitby owners by the end of next week. We have been looking for eight months and finally settled on a whitby as a solid platform to test the waters so to speak. My prior boat was a newport 28 so the whitby is a tad more complex. Our hope is to get to know the boat in the Ches. Bay for a year then head out to cruise the coast. We have a list of things that seems to grow hourly (The mind has sufficiently aged to require me to actually start writing things down). This forum has already proven invaluable in helping us to decide on the boat and assist us in the starting the process of upgrading the boat. My very first challenge will be to bring the boat from Mystic Seaport to the Potomac River. I have a captain (I think) that will assist in piloting the boat at least to Baltimore. This captian also owns a whitby. If there is anyone that might desire to also make the trip let me know at (Lonrcrow@yahoo.com). I would also life to know if someone knows of a delivery captain as a backup if the current fellow fails to be able to do the trip. Our goal is to start the trip the last week of september 2010.
Ideally we will be able to get together at the planned group outing and meet fellow owners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #596 by Deborah Streeter
Replied by Deborah Streeter on topic Re:New member
Welcome to the wonderful world of Whitby Owners. Make sure to check the 'Member Blogs and Sites' tab, where you will find a plethora of information in owners upgrades and travels!

Free N Clear
Whitby 42, #70

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds