Drawer Slides

More
3 weeks 11 hours ago #3552 by Robert Horn
Drawer Slides was created by Robert Horn
Couldn't find a category that would be an exact fit, so I thought I would try here. Has anyone found some drawer slides that can be installed to keep the drawers from wanting to fall on the floor when you pull them out? Had the same issue on our last boat and really hated it.
Thanks,
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 10 hours ago #3554 by Frank Fitzpatrick
Replied by Frank Fitzpatrick on topic Drawer Slides
Hi Bob,
If it's the plastic piece at the back of the drawer that fits over the wood track, we found the exact match at Home Depot. (Bought a bunch and replaced all the originals.)
Hope this helps.
Frank
Just Desserts (#195)

More
3 weeks 10 hours ago #3555 by Robert Horn
Replied by Robert Horn on topic Drawer Slides
I've seen that type in other applications but on our boat there are no slides or tracks. I assume the back of the track has to supported somehow.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #3556 by Frank Fitzpatrick
The drawer track we have is a simple T-shaped wood track supported on the underside at front and back. The tracks we have are all one piece with top of the T perhaps 1" wide and 1/4" thick and the bottom perhaps 1/2" - 5/8" wide and maybe 3/8" thick. It should be easy to glue up from two pieces of wood and use small blocks to support the ends inside the cabinet. For better dimensions, get the Home Depot plastic part for the back of the drawer first and make the track to fit it. Note that the top of the T is cut away for about the first inch so the plastic piece can lift off for removing the drawer. Also note - the supporting blocks should be the same width as the underside of the track so they don't interfere with the plastic slide.
(I would send photos of what we have but I'm not at the boat - bummer!)
Hope this helps.
Frank

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #3557 by Robert Horn
I have seen these types of slides and we have some furniture with similar slides that mount on the bottom of the drawers. I'll have look more closely inside the cabinet to see how to attach the back end of the track or slide..

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #3558 by Frank Fitzpatrick
I believe Home Depot also has a variety of brackets for installing drawer slides - some may be helpful for holding up the back end of the track. (You have to be careful at the front end of the track that the attachment doesn't interfere with the plastic slide and prevent you from inserting the drawer, or pulling it all the way out to remove it.)
Also, if you aren't near a Home Depot, Lowes has similar items and most woodworking catalogs show them too.
Hope this helps.
Frank

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #3559 by Steven Lott

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #3560 by Robert Horn
Thanks, but soft close may be a bit of overkill. Just don't want to have to worry about them falling on the floor, again. Will be heading to the boat this coming week and check on possible ways to support the back end of whatever track I might choose. I have installed some soft close slides in kitchen drawers at home and do like them.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds