Leaky dodger and bimini

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #3388 by Jim phillips
Leaky dodger and bimini was created by Jim phillips
Were doing the last stages of prep (hopefully) for our trip. Our dodger and Bimini are getting replaced when we get back to VA, so were putting patch strips on the high wear areas and sewing new panels over the front where the zippers were. The isinglass is in great shape, The rest, not so much, zippers shot, the sunbrella leaks as soon as it get saturated.

My wife wants me to seal the old material, any ideas? Is there a coating vs. spray? I have used the spray on in the past and it was iffy at best, from West Marine 303?

Thanks
Jim and Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #3389 by Bill Chamberlain
Replied by Bill Chamberlain on topic Leaky dodger and bimini
I've seen people paint over the sunbrella/canvas with latex paint with success. It gets a bit more life out of the worn out fabric. If you can get a close match in paint color, it even looks decent enough if you don't look to close. Should work to keep you dry until you can replace it.

Cheers,
Bill

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #3390 by Jim phillips
Replied by Jim phillips on topic Leaky dodger and bimini
Thanks Bill!

My wife asked about Flex Seal on just the top? Our plan is to build a hard enclosure this summer after doing the topsides.

Dry is good.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #3391 by DAVID JONES
Replied by DAVID JONES on topic Leaky dodger and bimini
I've never used this on a dodger/Bimini, but I did use it on a gazebo awning that was on it's last legs and it worked well.

Scotchgardâ„¢ Heavy Duty Water Shield

It's made for tents and clothing and such. I usually find it in Walmart in the camping section. It's cheap enough, might give it a try.

dj

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds