Midship chocks for spring lines

More
14 years 2 months ago #378 by Roy Belcher
Has anyone created midships openings in the bulwork for spring lines? I'm currently using one of the cockpit winches, but it would be really nice to have a point amidships to attach a spring line. I think I've seen them on Brewer 44's, but our 1974 Whitby doesn't have a good spot amidships.

Roy B.
Serenade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #381 by Deborah Streeter
On Free N Clear we opted for a cleat mounted on a slide. Seems to work quite well.

Free N Clear
Whitby 42, #70

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #382 by Derek Keeping
On Ocean Dove I installed two SCHAEFER 70-75 TRACK MOUNT CLEAT 1-1/4 INCH T TRACK.
This chock cleat mounts on 1- 1/4 x 3/16 Genoa T-Track so you can place it where you want it. Simply pull up on the spring-loaded locking pin and slide the cleat into its new position.
Easy adjustment Ideal for spring lines.
I got mine at
ca.binnacle.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_126&products_id=3419

Regards
Derek and Darlene
Ocean Dove #328
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Derek Keeping.

More
14 years 2 months ago #383 by John Cece
On MENEHUNE we mounted 2 each midship-chocks (Schaeffer) on each side.....one on each end of the Genoa track. Works well, and provides lots of flexibility (handles 1/2 inch line OK; I think 5/8 ths line may be too large).

John\MENEHUNE #195/1982

More
14 years 2 months ago #384 by Roy Belcher
Thanks! It sounds like a much simpler solution than cutting a hole for a chock and mounting a fixed cleat. I have a couple of older, track-mounted cleats, but they are much smaller than the Schaefer model recommended. Thanks, Roy B.

More
14 years 2 months ago #387 by Dave Sherwood
Our Whitby 42 Hull #186 has openings port and starboard with a large cleat approximately a foot or so further forward of the opening. I use them all the time for spring lines. We also have a sliding cleat on the rail on each side that I tie the roller furling jib sheets to.

Dave Sherwood
"Laurel"

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds