Manual Bilg Pump

More
1 month 1 week ago #3462 by Kevin Asbury
Manual Bilg Pump was created by Kevin Asbury
Hi All,

I have a 73 Whitby 42 Hull #21 and the previous owner fiberglassed over the manual bilge pump in the cockpit.  The Whale pump.  I am getting this boat ready for some blue water cruising and I absolutely must have a manual bilge pump in addition to the 4 electric ones I have on board.  Could someone kindly send me a picture of the original manual pump setup from the cockpit looking forward.  The pump is still in my boat as I can see if from the lockers just below the front companion way.  I just need to see how the top plate was constructed so I can duplicate this again.  I thank you in advance for any help you can provide on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #3463 by Cindy Ann Bowers
Replied by Cindy Ann Bowers on topic Manual Bilg Pump
Kevin,

This is probably not all you need, and a poor shot, at that. I can provide a better view on Saturday when I get back to the boat, including the inside.

CA
S/V Red Ranger
Attachments:

More
1 month 1 week ago #3464 by Kevin Asbury
Replied by Kevin Asbury on topic Manual Bilg Pump
Thank you Cindy. Hmmmm I wonder where I can get the hatch cover. I think I will just put a 6 inch inspection plate over it once I cut the glass away again. I appreciate it!

More
1 month 6 days ago #3471 by Bill Chamberlain
Replied by Bill Chamberlain on topic Manual Bilg Pump
Whale still has the deck plates listed. Just got to find a dealer to order it.

www.whalepumps.com/marine/siteFiles/reso...ories/Deckplates.pdf

More
1 month 6 days ago #3472 by Jim phillips
Replied by Jim phillips on topic Manual Bilg Pump
Our Whitby has a second manual pump just inside the small engine room door at the stern of the engine room. You may want to look to see if you have one? I rebuilt the one that pumps from the cockpit, make sure you check the ones you have and they pump well as the aluminum is prone to corrosion. One of ours had to be pitched as it was mostly corroded powder. Good luck!

More
1 month 6 days ago #3473 by Kevin Asbury
Replied by Kevin Asbury on topic Manual Bilg Pump
Thanks Jim, I am working my way after on my boat. We started at the bow and are cleaning. painting and fixing everything we come across. Thanks for the info I will put it on my list of things to look for. I did not see it when I checked the transmission fluid which is gained by that access hatch. I must have manual pumps, call me old fashion. I will also rig my motor to pull from the bilge if needed. Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds