Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: replacement deck hatches

replacement deck hatches 1 year 3 weeks ago #2839

We are going to replace the four deck hatches on our 1981 Whitby 42 (hull #181) and would like to know if anyone has done this recently and could provide some info on the manufacturer model numbers of the hatches. I have been looking at the Bomar catalog/website and it seems that I will have to remove the old hatches first so that accurate measurements can be obtained. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

- Scott
S/V Scherzo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

replacement deck hatches 4 months 1 week ago #2965

Hi, I asked almost the same question a while back and was advised Lewmar Size 60 for the two forward hatches and Lewmar size 30 for the galley. I have just ordered these so I can let you know soon hopefully how it went.
cheers

replacement deck hatches 3 months 2 weeks ago #2975

Hi again. The Lewmar Ocean series hatches with the flange arrived. I ordered 2 size 60, one for the vberth and one for the main salon, and a size 30 for the galley. The size 60's are an exact fit. They slid right in snugly. The size 30 is slightly too large. I will need to router out approximately 1/8th of an inch all the way around in order for it to fit. Thank you to the forum for the advice on the correct sizes to order!! I have added some pictures, the last one is a rough outline of how much I need to trim away to make the size 30 fit.
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds