Centerboard replacement in 1989/90 Brewer44

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #1465 by Edwin (Ted) Bovill
We lost our centerboard in Exuma Sound Bahamas 2 weeks ago in 5280 foot depth. We need to replace the CB. We have Ted Brewers original Whitby to Brewer44 drawings. I have three questions:

1). Does anyone know if the B44 CB was weighted in its lower portion? The Brewer drawings are quite detailed but do not show any weighting in the lower section of the board. This is often done with CBs to help lower the board. I talked to Ted Brewer and he said it should have been done, but that after giving the drawings to Fort Myers Boatyard they would have made that modification.

2). Has anyone had direct experience replacing their CB in either a Brewer 44 or other model? Any useful experiences for us to consider?

3). Does anyone have direct experience with a particular boatyard or other person/company that has experience in manufacturing CBs, especially helpful if they have done it for a Brewer boat.

Thanks
Ted Bovill (Rosa dos Ventos)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #1467 by Greg Temple
Ted,

I know of a group member who has replaced his centerboard but he is currently bicycling across the country!

I will email him and ask him to drop you an email as his trip allows.

Greg Temple
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Greg Temple.

More
11 years 5 days ago #1468 by George Chamberlain
Ted,
I happened to meet a Brewer 44 owner about 2 weeks ago who said he had replaced his centerboard. He left me a boat card, but he isn't active in the association or on the forums. If you pass me your contact info I can possibly put you in touch with him. He owns Fancy Free, out of Savannah GA.

George Chamberlain
email me at gac1982-at-hotmail-dot-com

He who will not risk cannot win.

More
11 years 20 hours ago #1469 by Terry White
Ted, I just replaced the centerboard in my Brewer 44. Email...terrywhite128@comcast.net or cellphone 912-655-1640

More
10 years 11 months ago #1471 by Edwin (Ted) Bovill
Hi George
My conact information is
Ted Bovill
edwin.bovill@med.uvm.edu
Bahama phone number: 242 467 6640 until mid to late may
Best to use email.
Many thanks
Ted Bovill

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds