Port Coach House Roof Grab Rail replacement

More
11 years 3 months ago #1397 by George Chamberlain
When I convert mne to stainless, I will do the exterior rails (leaving the inside ones in teak - they are in good shape). I think the moounts at New Found Metals are what I will use, will just buy 1" stainless tubing from somewhere online, like cut2sizemetals or shapiro. I think to do this, the interior (teak) handholds will have to be moved slightly outboard, since the exterior (SS) stanchion bases have a different bolt pattern than the teak reils have.

He who will not risk cannot win.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1433 by David Groves
Hi All,

Unfortunately mine were all epoxied or set in some recalcitrant stuff, at least on the top side. I had to destroy the top rail completely. Now I need a replacement. It turns out that the internal hand rail is a little "fatter" than the external, and the bolts are on 12" centers. The only commercial rails I have found are 10" centers. I might be able to get a custom one made, but would like a source who is jigged up to do it.

Any thoughts?

David

Shamal W42#321

More
11 years 2 months ago #1434 by David Groves
Hi All,

Unfortunately mine were all epoxied or set in some recalcitrant stuff, at least on the top side. I had to destroy the top rail completely. Now I need a replacement. It turns out that the internal hand rail is a little "fatter" than the external, and the bolts are on 12" centers. The only commercial rails I have found are 10" centers. I might be able to get a custom one made, but would like a source who is jigged up to do it.

Any thoughts?

David

Shamal W42#321

More
More
11 years 2 months ago #1439 by David Groves
Has anybody had experience with the Plas Teak product? How do you fasten them down? Do they take teak plugs?
Regards
David

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds