Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Windvanes

Windvanes 3 years 1 week ago #2164

What type of windvanes are people using on their boats? I have a new Voyageur (still in the box; never got installed onto the other boat), and a beaten-up Monitor servo-pendulum that only needs some TLC....HOWEVER, I'm not sure either of these two units are really compatible with a center-cockpit, hydraulic-steering vessel. ANY input would be greatly appreciated

Rob
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Windvanes 3 years 1 week ago #2169

• ConejoGrande
  • Joie de Vivre - #88
  • Thank you received: 11
There was a discussion here about windvanes.

Windvanes 2 years 11 months ago #2177

• rstrick
  • Thank you received: 6
We have used a Hydrovane for 3-4 years and really like it for offshore passages. It has been effective in light or strong conditions and on all points of sail. No control lines to the wheel to worry about.
It also has a removable rudder which is good when at anchor to avoid noise. Also can be used as an emergency rudder.
I'd highly recommend it.
Dee
Allegria 199
The following user(s) said Thank You: Netteypatch

Windvanes 2 years 11 months ago #2195

My previous owner installed Pacific Plus model from German company called WindPilot. Went across the Atlantic with it. I have Brewer 12.8 with pull-pull cable steering. Since auxiliary rudder on windpilot, it does steering. Lock your main rudder amidships.
I took my unit off the boat. It is for sale. Don't need it and put dinghy davits there instead.

Windvanes 2 years 11 months ago #2197

Thanks Terry; the main issue seems to be with the hydraulic steering on the Whitby. I've been looking to discuss with any owners who have the Monitor wind vane and the hydraulic steering in order to figure-out the set-up
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds