Door catch for the refrigerator on a Brewer

More
9 years 6 months ago #845 by Martin Gaffney
Door catch for the refrigerator on a Brewer was created by Martin Gaffney
The lower door on the fridge of my Brewer 12.8 seems to be plated, recycled, pot metal and just about corroded away. Does anyone know of a source for a new door catch pls?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #850 by Lew Streeter
Replied by Lew Streeter on topic Re:Door catch for the refrigerator on a Brewer
I purchased a refer door latch similar to one used in a commercial kitchen very nice from Rich Beers in Ft. Lauderdale but my guess is that any commercial refrigeration service can get one for you.
Lew

Lew Streeter
Free N Clear
Hull #70

More
9 years 6 months ago #857 by Martin Gaffney
Replied by Martin Gaffney on topic Re:Door catch for the refrigerator on a Brewer
Thanks Lew. I have looked on line but little success.. Since this is a poor quality fitting I wondered if other members have replaced it and if so what with.

More
9 years 5 months ago #889 by George Chamberlain
Replied by George Chamberlain on topic Re:Door catch for the refrigerator on a Brewer
Coincidentally, ours broke this past weekend - the handle is fine, but the little striker plate that it latches to is broken. I've found what looks like the identical handle on a few websites, but they are priced over $100 and I'm too frugal for that. I'm thinking a barrel bolt, or some other kind of latch. Defender has a Sea Dog latch that looks like it would work, item #401013, an anti-rattle latch. The dimensions are pretty close to the existing reefer latch handle, but it is a little lower profile. Maybe I'll get really lucky and the screw holes will match up.

He who will not risk cannot win.

More
9 years 3 months ago #955 by Martin Gaffney
Replied by Martin Gaffney on topic Re:Door catch for the refrigerator on a Brewer
Thank you. Sorry it took so long to reply.

More
9 years 3 months ago #956 by Gregg Hoffman
Replied by Gregg Hoffman on topic Re:Door catch for the refrigerator on a Brewer
This post may be a bit late, or maybe the Brewers have a different system, but I have an original complete insulated wooden refrigerator door with hinges and the latch assembly. It will be available in about a week.I finally broke down and bought a 12v isotherm that will be installed in the old frige box. Anyone need this door and assembly let me know. I can send a photo if anyone wants one - it's in great shape.
Gregg - Suli (W42, #28).

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds