Crosby Refrigeration Re-installation

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #523 by Deborah Streeter
Crosby Refrigeration Re-installation was created by Deborah Streeter
We are reinstating our engine driven compressor for the Crosby System, an original factory install in 1981. A few years back the shaft on the engine driven side started to leak and we removed it and capped off the system so it became shore power dependant. It has and is continuing to work well but we have bought a new compressor identical to the original and are about to install it when a question arose about the possible need of check valves.

Question: Does anyone have the original unit on their boat. Could you determine if the loop from the base unit to the compressor in front of the engine has check valves in the system. Or better still, do you have a complete install/maintainance manual of which I could get a copy. If so and scanning is not an option I would pay for the service of faxing it to 705 527 0967 or call me at 705 527 0442. Many thanks, Douglas Stephenson.

Free N Clear
Whitby 42, #70
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Deborah Streeter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #525 by Roy Belcher
Replied by Roy Belcher on topic Re:Crosby Refrigeration Re-installation
Hi Deb,

I have the original unit and manual for our Grunert unit. Don't see any reference to Crosby compressor.

Roy B.

More
10 years 3 months ago #527 by Douglas Stephenson
Replied by Douglas Stephenson on topic Re:Crosby Refrigeration Re-installation
Thanks Roy, the Crosby system was a complete but two part system using a regular compressor driven by 110VAC and an engine driven compressor from the main flywheel. We used it as an alternative in production during a spell when the Grunnert was having voltage burn out problems. We returned to the Grunnert and later known as the Marine Air System as Ken & Lois Grunnert retired. Our unit was a 1981 so I am hoping to hear from someone in that era. I talked with David Ham today who has a 1978 but it is an earlier version and not the same. Thanks for your help, Douglas

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds