Bottle of R12 going begging in Pickering, Ont

More
6 years 9 months ago #1729 by Martin Gaffney
Bottle of R12 going begging in Pickering, Ont was created by Martin Gaffney
Well it is grey, says R12 and it is full. Like a smaller propane bottle. I will never use it so free to anyone that can collect it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #1730 by Charles Moore
Replied by Charles Moore on topic Bottle of R12 going begging in Pickering, Ont
It is probably a bottle of R12 Freon refrigerant and cannot be mixed with newer types. It was banned in USA in 1996 due to environmental impact.

More
6 years 9 months ago #1731 by Martin Gaffney
Replied by Martin Gaffney on topic Bottle of R12 going begging in Pickering, Ont
It is for sure R12 and predates the 1996 ban. I understand that a certified technician may possess it and use it for its original intended purpose. You may also possess it if acting as a wholesaler and intend to convey it only a certified technician. Lots R12 still around on Ebay to be bought at about $15 to $20 a pound. This is free to any Whitby/Brewer owner who can arrange transport. I believe that R12 is in most of the pre 96 boats. I don't need it as I am changing over to a new system for both cooler and deep freeze. I will weigh the "bottle" and post it later. If your cooling uses R12 the deal doesn't get any cheaper than this!

More
6 years 9 months ago #1733 by Martin Gaffney
Replied by Martin Gaffney on topic Bottle of R12 going begging in Pickering, Ont
That offering did not last long. It was a 30lb unopened bottle of R12.refrigerant that I am told cannot be imported into the USA even tho it is legal to possess it there. A local licensed technician looked at it like mannah from heaven and was last seen disappearing in a cloud of snow, headed for Toronto !

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds