Owners manual

More
2 years 9 months ago #2688 by Richard Adkins
Owners manual was created by Richard Adkins
I have a 1980 Whitby 42, does anyone have the original documentation that came with the boat? I am willing to pay for copy and shipping costs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #2689 by Scott Lee
Replied by Scott Lee on topic Owners manual
I don't think anyone received an owners manual when buying a new Whitby. If you come across one PLEASE let us know!

In the mean time, this website and forum are the closest you will come. Hundreds of years of experience at your fingertips.

More
2 years 9 months ago #2690 by Patrick Thompson
Replied by Patrick Thompson on topic Owners manual
Anything in general that you are looking for?

More
2 years 9 months ago #2691 by Richard Adkins
Replied by Richard Adkins on topic Owners manual
Actual tank sizes, there seems to be several different guesstamets. Rigging tension recommendations, mine are currently set by best guess from a rigger.

More
2 years 9 months ago #2692 by Patrick Thompson
Replied by Patrick Thompson on topic Owners manual
I have all the original information and literature from when the boat was built.
The size of the fuel be tanks is never mentioned.
I would suggest filling them from empty and see what they hold.
Also run the engine out at sea for 20 hours in the course of a trip and then refill the tank and find what your consumption is.
The stock thermostat for the engine keeps the temp at 135 degrees Wich is way too cold and your fuel consumption will run high with this thermostat.
Take it to an automotive store and buy one for 185 degrees.
This will also eliminate all the black soot from getting all over the transom as it will be running hotter and leaner.

As far as rigging is concerned there is a mention but it is vague.
It says very tight and tight and not so tight.
There is no information with specific settings so you are best to go with a qualified rigger and go with his measurements and readings.
The mast is very forgiving and being slightly off is not going to damage anything.
If you want pictures of any sections of the manuals, send me an email and I'll
Get that out to you.

More
2 years 9 months ago #2699 by Richard Adkins
Replied by Richard Adkins on topic Owners manual
Thanks for your information. I will stick with the riggers suggestions. The engine was replaced three years ago with a Yanmar 75 HP.

More
2 years 9 months ago #2700 by Scott Lee
Replied by Scott Lee on topic Owners manual
Several years ago, at the Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous, a rigging tension survey was performed on numerous boats. The resulting spreadsheet is available on the website: Rigging Tension Chart . Might be useful for comparison purposes.

Tank sizes varied from boat to boat and year to year. Some tanks were optional and configurations changed over the years. Even more so on the Brewers. Thus the varied guesstimates.

Foxfire, I would be very interested in any information you have for publication on the website. We have some of the original brochures already, not sure we have them all? Any other stuff you have would be great to have available for current and future owners.

Scott
webmaster@whitbybrewersailboats.com

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds