Olympic Adventure 47

More
4 years 9 months ago #2301 by Melissa S White
Olympic Adventure 47 was created by Melissa S White
I just found this site and created an account. Are there other Olympic Adventure 47 owners here? I would love to see your boats and share information. We are S/V Galapagos located in Tacoma, WA, USA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #2311 by Scott Lee
Replied by Scott Lee on topic Olympic Adventure 47
Welcome to the group! We occasionally get a few Olympic Adventures around here. Hope to get more! What are your plans for the boat? Going cruising??

More
4 years 1 month ago #2450 by Michael McCardle
Replied by Michael McCardle on topic Olympic Adventure 47
Hi, we just purchased an Olympic Adventure 47 in Annapolis, MD. Previous owner made a lot of enhancements, would be glad to trade info.

More
4 years 1 month ago #2454 by Melissa S White
Replied by Melissa S White on topic Olympic Adventure 47
Hello ConejoGrande, I apologize that i never saw your comment! Yes, we are going cruising late next spring. We are in the Puget Sound area of Washington State and move aboard in about 3 weeks.
Sailingunity, congratulations on your new boat! Did you buy S/V Gromit? I believe she was for sale in Annapolis. We own S/V Galapagos and have been refitting and sailing her for 3 years, getting ready to go cruising in 2017. We would be happy to give you information about our boat and compare notes. We have an extensive blog at LittleCunningPlan.com. Here's a link to our first post about the boat, when she was new to us and named Andromeda. littlecunningplan.com/2013/10/introducing-sv-andromeda/

More
4 years 1 month ago #2456 by Michael McCardle
Replied by Michael McCardle on topic Olympic Adventure 47
I visited your site, yes we bought Gromit! She seems to have some name recognition so I'm wondering if we should change the name.

I love the workbench area on your boat, I've been racking my brain trying to find a way to make it more accessible, mine is just a big oddly shaped space under the counter top. Would love to swap more info.

More
4 years 1 month ago #2457 by Melissa S White
Replied by Melissa S White on topic Olympic Adventure 47
The workbench is one of the best upgrades we've done aboard Galapagos. We hired a woodworker friend to do that and it has made a world of difference. Contact MIke directly if you want to share detailed information. He was in on the design of that space. I sent you an email with Mike's direct email address. Yes, Gromit does have good name recognition! I always loved the name of that boat as it seemed so destined for fun times. Still, you should make it your own if that name doesn't suit. You will love that boat and I believe yours may have a bow thruster? Ours does not and many are the times I've wished it did. Once we are out of the marina, I love our boat. But approaching marinas with her gives me pause because of that great keel underneath and how slowly she likes to turn. She is just excellent on the ocean. Well done buying Gromit!

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds