placement of diesel heater and vent

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #208 by tom jones
placement of diesel heater and vent was created by tom jones
capns: we are struggling to decide on which permanent heating systems are best for the boat. We had settled on propane only to discover that most have a direct external air intake system that allows seawater to get in. Most of the marinized versions will run $7-8000 for purchase and installation. thats a lot of blankets. We are now moving over to diesel units, probably a wall unit in the salon with 2 small dickinson Radex units in salon and aft cabin that recycle engine hot water.

Any information/experience you have with diesel wall units (dickinson, force 10, etc) is appreciated; where did you locate the unit and how/where did you locate your vent pipe? thanks tom jones Bluejacket 12.8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 months ago #212 by Gerry O'Donoghue
Replied by Gerry O'Donoghue on topic Re:placement of diesel heater and vent
Check on Patrick's excellent document on the subject here;

Installing a Diesel Fireplace
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Scott Lee. Reason: Fixed link

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #220 by Lisa Cornelius
Replied by Lisa Cornelius on topic Re: placement of diesel heater and vent
Tom,

My article is moved.
Greg may create a new category called Heating?
I can send you my pdf if you desire. It has a lot of good info.

Patrick

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #221 by Greg Temple
Replied by Greg Temple on topic Re: placement of diesel heater and vent
I DID create a new category - Air Conditioning and Heating. This also corrected the link in Gerry's message.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #222 by tom jones
Replied by tom jones on topic Re: placement of diesel heater and vent
thanks to both of you. I tried to pull it up but wasnt successful yet. I'll keep trying. Tom

• gltemple
11 years 2 weeks ago #223 by gltemple
Replied by gltemple on topic Re: placement of diesel heater and vent
Remember to login! I have been able to access the file just fine.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #224 by tom jones
sorry to go on, but I DID log in and the prompt at the top on the left says welcome tom. the only icon in that area says "log off" not log on. sorry to be dense but i am stuck. tom

• gltemple
11 years 2 weeks ago #225 by gltemple
Replied by gltemple on topic Re: placement of diesel heater and vent
Hi Tom,

This message is being sent via private email as the email has a temporary password for you to use next time you log in.

I've spent the last 30 minutes carefully checking out this issue. I cannot find a problem. I have logged in under two accounts that have the same rights as yours. I have navigated to and downloaded the article three times using two pathways: from the link in the discussion forum and from the horizontal top menu item Home -> File Downloads -> Maintenance, Repairs, Upgrades and Additions Files -> Air Conditioning and Heating.

I have changed your password so that I can login using your authorizations in order to eliminate any system problem.

Please use it to login the next time. I could find no problem logged in on your account. I navigated both via the menu system and directly via the link in Gerry's message in the forum. I used IE 8, Safari, Chrome and Firefox. No issues.

Please navigate using the menu system. That will eliminate any change in urls - and I did change the url in Gerry's message this morning. Do NOT go via a link sent in a system generated email containing Gerry's original message. Now that I'm writing this, I suspect you're navigating from the url in the email sent by the system. That will not work as the original link was incorrect.

You'll have to use the temporary password I've sent to log in the next time. That will insure a fresh session. I recommend leaving the Remember Me box unchecked. Now when you login in you'll see a blue banner indicating success in the center top of the page. Let me know if you cannot get to the file!

Greg.

More
10 years 11 months ago #254 by tom jones
patrick sorry for the delay. your article would be much appreciated. send to tom jones tj5035@gmail.com thanks much

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds