Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Interior wood

Interior wood 1 month 2 days ago #3091

Does anyone know the type of wood used for the veneer in the Brewer 44??

Oak, maple, teak??

Regards,

Brad
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Interior wood 3 days 18 hours ago #3120

Anyone??? Is the species a teak veneer??

Interior wood 3 days 11 hours ago #3122

• ConejoGrande
  • Joie de Vivre - #88
  • Thank you received: 16
Teak was probably the most common, but I know at least one boat that was mahogany. Anyone have anything else?

Interior wood 3 days 10 hours ago #3126

ConejoGrande wrote:
Teak was probably the most common, but I know at least one boat that was mahogany. Anyone have anything else?

I am not up on how to tell the difference on the varnished woods. It would be easier if the veneer was just plain at this point, then the wood colors would show through.

I am trying to purchase some plugs to fill some holes in the veneer, and am just trying to get the species correct. I guess I could just buy plugs in both species and do a comparison in the future.

Thanks again!!!

Brad

Interior wood 3 days 7 hours ago #3127

• ConejoGrande
  • Joie de Vivre - #88
Stinger wrote:

I am not up on how to tell the difference on the varnished woods. It would be easier if the veneer was just plain at this point, then the wood colors would show through.

I am trying to purchase some plugs to fill some holes in the veneer, and am just trying to get the species correct. I guess I could just buy plugs in both species and do a comparison in the future.

Thanks again!!!

Brad

Look around for a bit of wood trim you can remove. Sometimes you can tell by examining the back side. Or an extra piece from something you removed and can strip the varnish away. I keep all the extra little pieces I remove and use them to make my own wood plugs.

Interior wood 2 days 19 hours ago #3128

ConejoGrande wrote:

Look around for a bit of wood trim you can remove. Sometimes you can tell by examining the back side. Or an extra piece from something you removed and can strip the varnish away. I keep all the extra little pieces I remove and use them to make my own wood plugs.

I may be wrong, but from what I remember (not at the boat ATM), it seemed like the grain on the panel veneers was cross cut on the grain, while most of the solid trim pieces where with the grain.

Additionally, I don't think I could make a plug from the veneers. :)

Thanks again for the help. I guess I'll just buy various plugs in both species of woods and take them with me next time.

Regards,

Brad

Interior wood 2 days 12 hours ago #3129

• ConejoGrande
  • Joie de Vivre - #88
Stinger wrote:
I may be wrong, but from what I remember (not at the boat ATM), it seemed like the grain on the panel veneers was cross cut on the grain, while most of the solid trim pieces where with the grain.

Additionally, I don't think I could make a plug from the veneers. :)

Thanks again for the help. I guess I'll just buy various plugs in both species of woods and take them with me next time.

Regards,

Brad

I doubt the veneers are cross cut. Also, the back of the veneers may not be the same wood as the front.

Right, plugs would be made from the solid wood trim, not the veneers.

Do you have any pictures of the interior? Someone here may recognize it...

Interior wood 2 days 9 hours ago #3130

ConejoGrande wrote:

I doubt the veneers are cross cut. Also, the back of the veneers may not be the same wood as the front.

Right, plugs would be made from the solid wood trim, not the veneers.

Do you have any pictures of the interior? Someone here may recognize it...

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that....since veneers are using an unrolled log. Prior to going to sleep moment.

The photos I currently have of the interior are VERY dark. I wasn't focusing on the walls when I was taking the photos, so they are all just the outer edges of the photos.
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds