Fold Down Table for Whitby42

More
2 years 1 month ago #2790 by Karl Leebelt
Fold Down Table for Whitby42 was created by Karl Leebelt
Hi,

I am a new owner of a 1982 W42 and the fold down table in the salon was removed by a previous owner. I was wondering if anyone might have dimensions/detail pictures of their table they would be willing to share. I am probably going to have to build something custom to replace it so if you have any feedback on pros or cons of the standard design or enhancements you would make, I would love to get your input.

Thanks

Karl
s/v nefertari

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 weeks ago #2791 by David Groves
Replied by David Groves on topic Fold Down Table for Whitby42
Hi
Shamal, W42-321, 1985, has a custom Table with a bookshelf/storage unit by a previous owner Will post photos and dimensions later today.
David Groves

More
2 years 4 weeks ago #2793 by David Groves
Replied by David Groves on topic Fold Down Table for Whitby42
I will try to attach photos
They are pretty self explanatory. The table sits beside a mast box, the face is the table and it hangs by a piano hinge from the bottom of a book shelf/cupboard with fiddles. The book shelf is about 10 inches deep.
The table can be used for two with the primary leaf, and 4 or more with both leafs set. There are two hinged legs on the secondary leaf and one hinged leg on the primary table. The legs are held in place with a rotating wood block. The legs have a brass pin that fits into a matching brass plate in the floor. This can damage the floor if extreme care is not exerted. I would look at just pads on the leg ends.
The shelf box is screwed to bulkhead, and the table secured with a hook and eye. Our intent for blue water was to install a retaining strap around both shelf box and table.
Let me know if you require further information.

David Groves
W42-#321

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds