Whitby surveyer , licensed or not

More
2 years 10 months ago #2647 by Mike Jaskwhich
Whitby surveyer , licensed or not was created by Mike Jaskwhich
I am looking for a good Surveyor in South Florida who is knowledgeable about Whitbys. The survey is not for insurance purposes so it doesn’t need to signed . The person does not need to necessarily be a licensed surveyor. What I want is someone who knows Whitbys and can speed up my learning curve about what this particular boat I am buying needs. I expect to go through the boat with the person over a couple of days and document what problems if any I have. I have over 30 years of sailing experience so I am aware of just about everything that can go wrong on a boat but this is my first Whitby. Its 1981 Fort Myers Ketch. Boat number is FMW422110381.
Since the person need not be a surveyor but merely a knowledgeable Whitby person I am willing to compensate anyone who wants to take on the task. The boat is in the Fort Lauderdale area and I will pay travel cost and time and materials for the right person. Any suggestions or volunteers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #2648 by Richie Mahoney
Replied by Richie Mahoney on topic Whitby surveyer , licensed or not
I am currently in St Petersburg and live aboard, Wanderlust (hull 93). In the years prior to Gerry's passing, he passed on a heap of information to me that he gathered from the late Doug Stevenson. On Wanderlust, there is not a nook or cranny I have not put my hand on. I am a former SAMS surveyor, and hold Standards Accreditation from ABYC. I currently hold a 1600/3000 Ton Master's License from the USCG and Auxiliary Sail endorsed. My company, Wanderlust Offshore, consults for and manages all aspects of projects (diesel, electrical, plumbing, structural, rigging, etc) for commercial charter boat operators that have Coast Guard Inspected passenger carrying vessels here in the Tampa Bay area. Feel free to give my a jingle, 615-804-SAIL (7245) is my cell. Always happy to help a fellow Whitby owner!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Jaskwhich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds