Perkins 4.236 shop manual

More
10 years 11 months ago #276 by John Meskauskas
Perkins 4.236 shop manual was created by John Meskauskas
Would anyone care to sell or rent ( 1 day's use) a shop manual for the 4.236? I have a 4.108 manual and believe that they are highly similar but want to see the differences.
I have a parts manual (which also includes the transmission) that I could share.

Thanks!

John Meskauskas
Whitby 42 "Laume II" (newly renamed- formerly Eugenia) at Whittaker Creek Yacht Harbor
Oriental NC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #277 by Gerry O'Donoghue
Replied by Gerry O'Donoghue on topic Re:Perkins 4.236 shop manual
Is this any use. Its freely available on the internet.

Perkins Manual
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Gerry O'Donoghue.

More
10 years 11 months ago #298 by John Meskauskas
Replied by John Meskauskas on topic Re:Perkins 4.236 shop manual
Thanks, the reference was to an operator's manual and that was helpful but I'm still hoping to see a shop manual. If noone in the association has one they can lend me I'll keep trying on ebay. The engine is now out of the boat and I'm disassembling it. One thing that surprised me was when I removed the injectors there was a black oily liquid around the base of the #1 and 4 injectors, 2 was dry and 3 had a lot of rust. The area I'm talking about is above the compression copper washer and below the secondary seal right under the mounting flange. Oil here seems a good idea because it would have some cooling/heat transfer characteristics but rust is not. I know that this engine leaked oil from the valve cover gasket some time ago so maybe that accounts for some of this.

John

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds